A senior process engineer with a 15 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry, expert in implementing complex technologies in challenging, disruptive and multicultural environments, with proven track records in:
• process improvement and ramp-up • new product introduction
• advanced equipment certification • sustaining leadership
R&D Metrologist, IMEC Belgium, from 2016
Metrology engineer, INTEL Ireland & USA 2011-2016
In charge of sophisticated metrology equipments in Fab24 based in Leixlip, Ireland with 6 production ellipsometers worth 1M€ each. Technical expert of a team of 20 technicians working on the latest generation of computer microprocessors.
• created and implemented new procedures based on experimental design leading to a 50%-improvement of the measurement capability with improved uptimes, recognised by an award granted by the factory manager
• volunteered for a 2-year technological transfer project in the USA headquarters (Fab12 Chandler -Arizona- in 2012, and D1D Hillsboro -Oregon- in 2013)
• used statistical process control to maintain a 0.5-sigma matching performance
• designed operational integrated dashboards ensuring a continuous monitoring of key parameters (cycle times, run rates, availability, utilisation)
• maintained consistently best-in-class uptimes and utilisation rates higher than 90%
• trained the Fab24 home team, so as to enable a 24h/day, 7d/week support coverage and ensured a dissemination of the knowledge across multiple sites
• initiated a sampling reduction leading to a substantial 100%-increase capacity
• supported the world-1st introduction of μprocessors based on the new 3D finFETs
Metrology engineer, SOITEC Grenoble, France 2005-2011
Specialist of thin-film measurements within the Sustaining department of Bernin factory, in charge of 15 tools, technical expert interfacing for manufacturing and R&D.
• successfully qualified 6 new ellipsometers with 12inch-wafer capability
• coordinated work with vendors to reduce defects and improve tool-to-tool matching
• performed systematic review of failures, with root cause identification followed by immediate implementation of proactive/preventive corrections
• elaborated technical roadmaps to hit key milestones for new product introduction
• provided technical support to the R&D department for prototypes
R&D Process engineer, UNAXIS Paris, France 2003-2005
Developer of new PECVD techniques involved in the manufacturing of LCD screens.
• tested prototypes of production equipment in a lab facility
• modelled the response vs profile of each reactor for optimisation purposes
• made on-site validation of hardware upgrades with enhanced process recipes
• assisted local teams at customer fabs (a total of 10 months spent in Taiwan)
• provided technical reporting to the R&D centre while interfacing with customers
Application engineer, NEXTRAL Grenoble, France 2001-2003
Installer of plasma-assisted etching & deposition processes for several taiwanese customers (optoelectronic devices manufacturing).
• performed physical characterisations with SEM analysis, IR spectrometry, reflectometry, wet etch, stress and resistivity measurements
Trainee engineer, THALES Nice, France 1999-2000
Student, candidate for the Master of Science in Materials.
• developed a metal-piezo contact for high-performance SAW filters (mobile phones)
• optimised plasma-assisted surface treatments (medical ultrasound probes)
MSc Materials, UNIVERSITY PARIS XI Orsay, France 2000
Plasma physics and applications, thin film deposition, physical characterisations, crystalline growth, physical and chemical properties of surfaces, nanotechnology.
Master Engineer, UNIVERSITY E.V.E. Evry, France 1996-1999
Specialisation in Materials Science and Engineering, roughly equivalent to a Bachelor of Science (Honours).
Math Sup/Spe, LYCEE FRANCOIS Ier Fontainebleau, Fr 1994-1996
Baccalaureate C obtained in 1994 – Math / Physics / Chemistry
Computers & IT
Hobbyist only, a personal objective to learn basic concepts with fun and be able to help and explain “how stuff works” to family and friends.
• notions of C, VBA, Wolfram language, Arduino
• computer networks, cybersecurity and cryptography
Irish National Sailing Club Dun Laoghaire, Ireland 2016
Club member, learning all the fundamentals of sailing
• obtained the RYA Lvl1 (Start sailing) and Lvl2 (Basic skills) in 2016
French (native) & English (fluent, both oral & written).